THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Body Image

I've got some stretch marks.  None of my clothes fit.  I'm fatter than I want to be.  My stomach which always remained relativity flat despite my weight ups and downs, is not flat at all.    I feel all disproportionate.   I'm slow.  I went running yesterday and a senior citizen passed me.  Um....she was walking.  I looked down at my super fancy heart rate monitor.  I was doing 15 min. miles.  But despite all of this.....

I can't help but think that my body is AWESOME!  I grew baby G!  My body made her!  She started out microscopic and ended up 7 lbs 7 oz in only 9 months!  My body feeds her too.  She has gained 3 lbs since she was born and it is all due again to my amazing body!  My body has never been so awesome before.  Not when I climbed Mt. Rainier.  Not when I ran marathons.  Not when I fit into smaller jeans.  Nope.  Baby G is the most amazing accomplishment my body has to boast.

In  early stages of labor with Baby G....still smiling.



Baby G's blessing day.  

I've never had such a positive body image as I do right now....at the fattest.  Go figure.  Life is a miracle.

We love her so much!  Look at that pretty mouth.  

8 comments:

Evenstar said...

She is so beautiful! I love that third picture.

Queen Prawn said...

Good for you, Joanie! She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her.

Aly said...

Hi Joanie! First of all, congratulations! She is perfection. And I just had to comment on this post. You should publish this. I loved it! You are adorable. I hope all is well!

Michelle Glauser said...

Sweet.

Krystal said...

That is awesome that you have such a great body image! I wish I had that positive attitude after each of my kids! Oh, and her mouth is perfect!

Karen said...

I love this post! She is absolutely gorgeous and you are an inspiration!

Oma said...

Absolutely amazing. I love ya.

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh my gosh, she is beautiful! I love your positive outlook on the whole body transformation during and after pregnancy. You're so awesome! We all need to be a little more grateful for the miracle of creating life instead of worrying so much about how week look afterwards. I'm talking about myself mostly :)