THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I've come full circle.

I'm 35+ weeks pregnant.

I stare at myself in the mirror in disbelief all the time.   Is that REALLY my abdomen all swollen?  I'm so disproportionate.  My belly which for so long was flat even for a pregnant lady has really started to protrude lately.  I can't see my toes when I look down.

But the worst is....the tiredness is back.

Do you remember how I spent the first 20 weeks of pregnancy lying on my couch or crouched over my toilet?  No you don't remember because I didn't blog for 3 months.  Remember that?!? I tried EVERYTHING for nausea.  I slept 10+ hours a night.  I inhaled ginger.  I killed a chicken and danced with it on my head....okay well maybe not everything...

I haven't thrown up since January.   My morning sickness vanished with the night at week 20.  From week 20 to week 35 I felt great!  I had tons of energy (comparatively) I actually managed to cook dinner, keep the house clean and blog a bit.  It was great.

But now I'm back to that previous self (albeit I"m not as bad).  I'm TIRED again.  I come home and see the couch calling for me.  I go to bed at 8:30 each night.  I crawl out of bed having pushed the snooze button the MAXIMUM amount of times.  I have no energy for cooking or cleaning.

I have to remind myself.  I'm incubating a humane.

Then I think how amazing that my body can do something like that.

And I remind myself that at least I"m not nauseated.

And I only have 33 days left.

Then I'll have the cutest little baby I've ever seen.

Hurray!

2 comments:

Evenstar said...

I cannot wait to see my new niece or nephew!

Whitney said...

Oh yes...welcome to the 3rd trimester! If you're like me you could have a baby in 2 weeks. I delivered at 37. Good luck! I can't wait to see/hear about it!