THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

Saturday, December 13, 2008

140 hours of overtime = 3 hour long fully body massages

The cast of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers


School started in August/September and since then I've worked 14o hours AFTER school directing our high school musical 7 Brides for 7 Brothers! Oh my goodness! Is that IN+ADDITION to your 40 hour a week job?

YES directing the musical was in addition to teaching choir and German. The school Drama teacher had allot of personal Drama which doubled my work load. Consequently I've got "Bless your beautiful hide!" and or "Going Courting" permanently stuck in my head. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my job. But directing like teaching takes MANY MANY hours.

Meanwhile back at the ranch my poor husband had to fend for himself. I didn't cook. I didn't clean. I didn't blog. I deffinatly didn't do laundry.

I did work alot of late nights (till 11!). I did chew off my fingernails. I did gain 10 lbs. and I did learn alot of what to do and what not to do in directing. But things are looking better now. The show closed on Wednesday and today I've had the whole day to relax.

Hubby and I slept in and then rolled out of bed to head to the local massage school around the corner from where we live. They had a special 2 for one massage offer. We were eager to take advatage of it. Turns out we got even luckier. We bumped into fellow blogging friends Eddie and Jill who tipped us off that after you pay for your first massage they give you a complimentary one. What a deal!!! We gladly stayed and waited so that we could get another 1 hour massage. And then once that one was done we coulden't resist taking up the offer to get a third. So it was quite the relaxing morning. We had THREE hour long full body massagaes which turned out to be $3 a piece.

I feel I am well on the way to recovery. "Bless your beautiful hide!"

5 comments:

Oma said...

What a deal!

Evenstar said...

Nice. Someday I want a full body massage.

Karen said...

Ohh man, I was in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at Uintah and in Junior High in slc!! I STILL remember all the words to those songs! Still, I think directing it would be a pretty dang cool, you rock Joan!

The Kyles said...

Congrats on making it through all that! Wow, what an accomplishment. the pics look great, I'm sure it went really well.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! You are amazing. It looks so fun...but I have a small inkling of how much work that took...you are amazing.

On a side note, it amazes me how few of these people I know. Yikes, things change.