THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beautiful Birds (actual birds, not UK lovelies)

These beautiful birds and their exotic colors got me really ready for spring!  Is anyone else for the gray to be away?  I am ready for flowers and sunshine.  The birds are three colorful Macaw who live near my Mom.  I visited last weekend last weekend.  We got up early to go running.  Suddenly 15,000 dollars worth of exotic birds flew above our heads. ($15,000 is a semi educated guess.) It felt like we'd been transported to the Amazon.  The birds belong to a neighbor who was going for a walk with all of his lovelies.  Half the neighborhood came out to meet the winged neighbors.  Their colors were breathtaking and they were friendly as opposed to our little Cockatiel Petie who hates me.  Enjoy some pics! Welcome Spring!
Baby G was a little nervous.




s





This hyacinth macaw is sadly endangered.  





The birds were all so playful and friendly.  

This one liked my hair tie. 

 I needed it on my run but I was perfectly happy to let him have it.
I'm a sucker for a pretty face.
I let him walk all over me.

2 comments:

Evenstar said...

Great pictures! Sapphira is beautiful, isn't she?

Mad Hadder said...

Very very cool! So how do these obviously tropical feathered friends winter??? Do they talk??? I forgot to say what a luxurious looking yurt as well! Have you ever watched The Story of the Weeping Camel? It's about life in a yurt in Mongolia--over the top awesome movie.