THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

Thursday, February 10, 2011

2010 Goals

One month ago I realized that I wasn't going to die of pregnancy.  I started feeling better.  I could open the fridge with out dry heaving.  Food started to taste good again.  I had more energy.  Basically there were birds in the trees and I could here them singing!!!  Since then I continuously marvel at my efficiency.  It is amazing how much you can get done in a day when don't lie on the couch  from 3:30 till 8:30 - at which point I'd crawl  to my bed.  sigh.

Despite the 3 months of sickness I"m so happy to say that I accomplished a very important 2010 goal.  I lost weight.  I started 2010 heavier than I'd ever been.  Despite getting pregnant I ended 2010 a whopping 30 lbs lighter than I started.  All in all I lost 35 lbs in 2010.  Can I get a hip hip hurray!?!

Now I'm going to reveal the secret to health weight loss.

1. Become a lover of running.  Period.

I inhaled fitness guru's Covert Bailey' weight loss philosophy.  He blasts dieting (sorry dieters, dieting is NOT a healthy lifestyle) and instead explains how to speed up your metabolism with daily exercise. I lost about 1 lbs a week.  I still ate chocolate from time to time but I didn't pig out.  I did run about 4 times a week.

Thanks to my families competitive exercise program and logging it all in Google docs I was able to keep track of all my 2010 exercise.  I logged 220.3 exercise hours from January until September.  Spencer won the competition with almost 400 hours.  I guess that is what happens when you train for and ride LOTOJA.  He only lost 10 lbs and believe me he has nothing left to loose.  

Right now it feels great to be lighter that I was this time last year even though I have a 2 lbs baby in my soccer ball sized uterus.  Hurray for running!  Hurray for dropping 4 dress sizes!

As for my other 2010 goals.....I still haven't improved my piano skills (goal number 2) and I still chew on my fingernails (goal number 3) But hey what is life with out something to work on?

I hope you all accomplished your 2010 goals!

 

4 comments:

Missy said...

Wow, that is great news! I agree running is the best way to lose weight... if only I didn't dread it so much.

Hey, I have a question for you. I'm coming along with my German using Babbel (an online service) and Pimsleur tapes, but I need a workbook that explains the grammar and maybe has some exercises to practice. Do you have any recommendations? What do you use in your classroom?

The Kyles said...

I'm so proud of you! I have such great memories of our days running together. I am back into running now too and loving it! Hooray for getting through the first trimester! Yay!

Evenstar said...

That's so great Joanie. I'm proud of you!

Cali said...

I'm super impressed Joanie! And, it is amazing to feel the baby move! Hooray!