THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

THE LIFE OF THE RIDDLE

Sunday, December 2, 2007

7 things about myself.

I've been tagged. Aparently I must tell 7 interesting things about myself or I will break an all important chain. Here goes;

1. I can't spell. I mean I REALLY can't spell. Everyone sais "Just sound it out" like it is the easiest thing in the world. Okay so I sound it out and I spell it like this: sheopard. Can't interperate? It is shepherd....spelled in the tradition of leopard....Do you see the problem with sounding it out?

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I teach German all day. I was never good at spelling but when I learned German things got drastically worse. I mispelled been for bin. (In German it is bin) another great moment was hir for her. My students laugh and laugh. Faithfull blog readers are ofcourse familiar to spelling errors that spell check (my best firend) dosen't catch. I've decided to not run spell check on this blog to give you a taist of what it would be with out spell check. It is a strange thing: I can spell a word many different times in a document based off the word infrount of it. i.e. Clean Citchen.


2. I love the desert. That is right. I love the open space and the cactus. I love the vast empty. I love looking out at the horizian and seeing sand, dunes and distant dry mountains. Author Mark Reisner in his popular novel Catalack desert says that all people who clamied to love the desert do so from thier air conditioned cars and don't really know what they are talking about. They havent "draged thier dehyedrated bodies along the desert floor drinking the blood of a lizard for survival" Okay I admit I haven't done that but I do love the desert landscape. I first went to America's famous desert Death Valley in 1996 and I fell in love. It remains one of my favorite places on earth.

3. I never close my eyes during prayers. Now in my religion we do alot of praying. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Morning and Night etc. Not quite as much as the musleums facing Mecca 5 times a day but still that is a lot of praying. I know it is toatally unkoischer to not close your eyes but I just can't seem to do it. I think I will make it a New Year's resolution to close my eyes during prayers.



4. I've never been to Disneyland.
I woulden't even consider mentioning this. Except that every time I tell someone that I haven't been they freak out. Then I mention that I've been to every conuntry in Western Eurtopte except Portugal and they say "OH.
But you really haven't been to Disneyland?" No I haven't. But I might take my choirs in March we will see.










5. I'm obsessed with the statue Cupid and Psyce by Antiono Cavonva.
I first saw a picture in my art class in college. I made a photo copie of the text book and kept it. Later I stumbeled across it in the louve. I thought it was in the Hermitage in Russia. Now I know that two versions exist. They differ slightly the most noticable difference being cupid's wings. I REALLY want to go to St. Pettersburg to see the other. You can see a full size under Art I love on the side of my blog.


6. I color cordonate my closet. All the clothes are arrainged in the color of the rainbow. ROY G. BIV then brown then Black then white. I've done that for years. Then it gets wierder. I color cordonate my hangers with my clothes.

That is right. A red hanger for a red shirt. A yellow hanger for a yellow shirt and so forth. I infrequently admit this to people and they always ask.

Q: "What if you have a multi colored shirt?"
A: "Then I just go with the predomonant color or the most predominant color of hanger that I have"

Q: "Would you ever not buy a shirt because you didn't have a hanger to match?"
A: "No, I'd just get the hanger to match"

Q: "Do you make your husband do the same?"
A: "No way! but if he did I'd be fine with it"


7. I have a phoebia of jumping into water. I'm such a wimp at cliff jumping. I can stand on the edge of a cliff and think. I'm going to jump. I can do it. I can do it. Then 1/2 later someone pushes me in. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 comments:

Evenstar said...

You are scared of cliff jumping? Really? I don't remember you having any problems when we used to go to Redfleet. Is this a new developement?

The Morton's said...

I don't recall you doing the hanger thing when we lived together. In fact you had those old school wire hangers. Anyway, I do the same thing with my clothes but everything goes on a white hanger.

The Morton's said...

Time for a new entry! I am dying to know all about your Christmas trip to Germany! Hope it was fabulous!